Posted by : September 8, 2008
| On :
Mozilla has released their 2nd alpha of Firefox 3.1. This version includes the following changes:
- Support for the HTML 5 video element.
- The new functionality of CTRL + T which shows previews of 3 recently used tab, now includes an option to close the tab.
- You can now drag and drop tabs between different browser windows.
- New selector to create areas of Aero style glass – works with Vista only. For more details, click here.
- New CSS properties support.
- GMail is now part of the web content handler for mailto: links. Clicking on a mailto: link will give GMail as an option to use.
- Improved performance for accessing huge JPG image with embeded color profile on a local disk.
To download Windows version, Click Here. For Linux, Click Here.
Posted by : August 20, 2008
| On :
I couldn’t blog as much as I want due to my workload. I just got my home page redesigned (2 days ago) using Joomla (it was developed using normal HTML editor earlier). The site is live with the new design. I just found out that my companies help desk website was also developed with Joomla and it went live today.
Posted by : November 20, 2007
| On :
Mozilla has released the first beta of their next generation web browser Firefox 3.0. There are lots of minor improvements and new features in Firefox 3.0 including the new Gecko 1.9 web rendering platform. Here are some of the new and improved functionality in Firefox 3.0:
- One click site info: Click the site favicon in the location bar to
see who owns the site.
- Malware protection warns users when they arrive
at sites which are known to install viruses, spyware, trojans or other
- New Web Forgery Protection page.
- New SSL error pages.
- Firefox now automatically checks
add-on and plugin versions and will disable older, insecure versions.
- To improve add-on update security, add-ons
that provide updates in an insecure manner will be disabled.
- Anti-virus integration: Firefox will inform anti-virus software when
- Firefox now respects the Vista system-wide
parental control setting for disabling file downloads.
- An information bar replaces the old
password dialog so you can now save passwords after a successful login.
- The add-ons whitelist has been removed
making it possible to install extensions from third-party sites in fewer
- New Download Manager.
- Users can now resume downloads after
restarting the browser or resetting your network connection.
new zooming feature lets you zoom in and out of entire pages, scaling the
layout, text and images.
- New tab scrolling and quick menu.
- Opening a folder of bookmarks in
tabs now appends the new tabs rather than overwriting.
- Location and Search bar size can now be customized.
- Multiple text selections can be made
with Ctrl key.
- Native theme support.
- Quickly add bookmarks from the location bar with a
single click; a second click lets you file and tag them.
- Tags: associate keywords with your bookmarks to sort them by
- Type the title or tag of a page in the
location bar to quickly find the site you were looking for in your history;
- Smart Places Folder.
- New graphics and font handling.
- Native Web page forms.
- Firefox can now adjust images
with embedded color profiles.
- Offline support.
For more detailed list of changes, you can refer to Burning Edge. You can download Firefox 3.0 beta 1 from here.
Technorati Tags: Mozilla, Firefox 3.0, Gecko 1.9, HTML